Local News

New chapter for Buruburu girl’s secondary school

Last Sunday on 31st October 2021, at least 63 students had been rushed to the hospital from Buruburu girl’s secondary school. There is a fire incident that razed one cube out of the forty-five cubes in the Kingdom Dormitory.

The incident resulted in the closure of the school. Students were asked to leave the school as a special committee was appointed to investigate the situation.

On Wednesday, cabinet secretary for Education George Magoha said that parents would be responsible for the damage done by their students.

The school announced that the damage was approximately 2.2 million. With this parents are expected to cater for the damage with each parent paying one thousand and five hundred. Furthermore, parents are expected to pay full school fees.

Form three and form four are expected to report back today on 8th November 2021 by 9 am having paid full school fees and damage cost.

Form one and form two are also expected to report on 9th November 2021 by 9 am having paid damage cost and full school fees

The officers investigating the case said that two girls are responsible for the Sunday night fire. According to detectives privy to the investigations, the two are said to have been spotted leaving the dormitory before the fire began. The police are expected to forward the file to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Related posts

Mandera: 14-Year-Old Succumbs to Burn Injuries After Been Set Ablaze by His Two Brothers

Peter Kyeti

The Co-operative University Apologises over ‘Dress How you want to be Addressed Banner’

Sue Nanjira

Alternative Rites Of Passage Will Ensure Zero Cases Of FGM In The Country

Daniel Mogere

Leave a Comment