Responsible for ensuring the highest health and safety standards for a conducive, safe, and healthy working environment for bank staff, customers, visitors, and contractors/suppliers. Key person in ensuring relevant laws, legislation, policies, and regulations as pertains to HSE are implemented and adhered to, to protect the business from associated risks. The role will also be responsible for creating, enacting, and updating HSE programs, training, and awareness for bank staff ResponsibilitiesGovernance
- To assist the Bank in complying with current occupational, safety, and health legislation and regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety health, and environment of the employees, customers, contractors, suppliers, and visitors
- Overseeing the internal and external safety and health audits, risk assessments, fire audits, and Environmental audits and keeping records of inspections’ findings and producing reports. Ensuring all the gaps identified are timely closed out.
- Ensure all safe-to-work systems are implemented at the bank including permits to work among others.
- To support implementation and monitoring the Bank’s Occupational Safety Health and Environment Policy, Programs, and Procedures.
HSE Management & Reporting
- Support in preparation and timely implementation of Occupational, Safety, Health, and Environment strategies in the bank
- To work with the respective branches’ Safety and Health Committee in investigating and reporting all serious/critical incidents and accidents affecting employees, customers, and visitors
- Carry out specialist tasks, including system audits, task-based risk assessments, and premises inspections, and ensure timely reports to the HSE Manager.
- Ensure the HSE Manager is kept appraised of any key HSE issues at and across all entities in the bank.
- Coordinate with Facilities team to ensure closure of all identified audit issues
- Prepare monthly and quarterly HSE reports for HSE Managers to review
Stakeholder Engagement/Supplier Performance/Customer/satisfaction
- Inspiring bank team to achieve safety goals and safety excellence through motivational and encouraging communications.
- To assist employees in emergency preparedness and response
- To ensure that employees are inducted according to the HSE policies and Ensure contractor and suppliers obligations on HSE matters are adhered to as spelt out in the contract and OHS Policy procedures
- To coordinate the training of employees in areas of safety, including first aid, fire safety, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures
- To respond to employees’ safety concern
- Degree in the field of Occupational Health and Safety/Environmental Management/Science/Engineering or related field
- Desired work experience: Minimum of 3 – 5 years proven experience in a similar role
- Recognized certifications in Health, safety and Environment
- Knowledge on fire safety systems and procedures in buildings
- Good understanding of OSHA 2007 and related health and Safety legal notices, EMCA 1999 and its regulations,
- IT proficient – MS Office
- Ability to investigate incidents, accidents, and near misses.
- Good understanding of safe work practices e.g. use of permit to work systems
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest and with a high level of integrity
- Communication Skills- ability to resolve disputes amicably, meet deadlines, and professionally respond to queries and concerns
- Good oral and written communication skills,
- Presentation and training skills to groups with diverse levels of understanding
How to Apply
Apply for the job here.May 17, 2022